Wednesday, November 05, 2008

More reading and less sewing for Rachel

A few weeks ago I read this book that I had purchased with my 12 year old niece in mind. I give books and money for birthday presents to my nieces and nephews. I bought a few for April and I ended up giving her FAIREST a fun story by the author of Ella Enchanted. I of course read it before I gave it to her and I loved it. My niece, being an avid reader had already read it though I found out on her birthday. So I got on Amazon.com and sent her the 5th book of The Sisters Grimm series. She loves them. Anyway, I read one of the other books I got for her a few weeks ago called Crispin: The Cross of Lead. It was a good book and I enjoyed it. I enjoy reading young adult literature.



Tomorrow is my favorite of all nights - Quilt Guild. We are doing a fun fun project that I needed some specific fabric for. I ran to the cutest little store in Midway called Seasons of Home and purchased my fabric. Kendal and I went upstairs where they have the cutest gifts, cutesy things, puzzles, and now books. I found another Crispin book! I found the second one! I didn't even know there was a second one. So, I read it last night and this morning. It was also really really good.



I realized and remembered something from these books - I am so grateful to live where I do and when I do. These books are set in England in the 1370's. There are poor poor peasant tenants and farmers and of course the mighty Lords, Dukes, and landowners. You were born to a certain station and you stayed there, your entire life. How lucky we are that we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave. I figure even with the new President we are going to have, things are great in this wonderful land of promise. We can be just about anyone we want to be. How incredible is that? Count your blessings and let being a citizen of the United States of America be one of them.

3 comments:

Family of ARTISTS said...

Amen to that!

Krista said...

Those look like some good books. I might have to give them a try. I just started reading the "Uglies" series. It is also for young adults, but I am really enjoying them. You might want to give them a try!

Unknown said...

I to love to read young adult books. and I am a lot older than you. I am so grateful for this country the good ol'USA. and for the freedoms we have here.. MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...