Tuesday, February 25, 2014

freezer meal swap

A few weeks ago a handful of my neighborhood lady friends and I got together for a freezer meal swap.  We each picked a recipe, made 6 of that recipe, then got together and traded everyone for a meal.  So we all ended up with 6 different freezer meals.  We had done this a few years ago and it was great, so it was time to try it again.  We ate a pan of manicotti made for one of the dinners the other night.  It was wonderful.


The recipe I used is from Kelly at NewLeaf Wellness from this site.  I made Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour BBQ Chicken for everyone.  I actually haven't tried it yet, hope its not too HOT! I made a few extra meals because I have quite a few friends expecting babies in the next few months.


Kelsey, as usual, was my helper.  She mixed all the sauce for me.  What a mess my kitchen was, and what a great time we had.

1 comment:

Kerin said...

Love this!!
I've been elbow deep in making freezer meals myself.
Our youngest son recently bought a house, and he needed some 'home-cooked' meals, so I made crockpot freezer meals for us, and one for him.
I think it's great that you have neighbors that you can do a swap with :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...