3. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 26 and 27 when she was born
4. WHERE DID YOU LIVE? Cortez, Colorado when she was born, and Corvallis, Oregon when she was made (is that too crude?)
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Well, after no period and me falling of the roof of my parents house while shingling (yes, I know - amazing skill), I decided I better take a little test to see if I could take the pain meds.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Matt of course and then my friend Debra in Oregon because she was a nurse and told me if I could take those pain meds!! Then the grandmas and grandpas about 3 months later.
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No
8. DUE DATE? Feb 11 2002
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? yes, only for about 2 months though, I must mention I hate vomiting
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? KFC coleslaw and chicken nuggets, or anything I didn't have to cook
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girl
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I didn't care - healthy is all I cared about
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? ouch . . . 42
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Not really, getting chubby, that and I can't jump on the tramp now without peeing my pants!!
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? hospital in Cortez, CO
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 21
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Matt
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Matt and the doc
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural, just thinking about it makes me wince
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? no, I did get an 800 mg Ibuprofen the next day though!
24. Did you yell at your husband? Yes, he and the doctor were talking about horses having babies and how different humans were and how much longer it took! (he was the docs veterinarian) I had to remind them that I was the one in labor and I was not a horse!
25. Who does your child look like? both of us, more like Matt when she was littler and more like me as she grows. Maybe neither of us - she is beautiful!
26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 pounds 12 ounces
27. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? One day late
28. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Kelsey Dawn
29. WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO NAME HIM/HER WHAT YOU DID? Dr. Kelsey (his last name) is a vet that Matt worked with and it was the only name we could agree on. Matt's grandpa's name was Don, so we put Dawn in there too.
30.HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? She just turned 7.
Here is little Kelsey at one month old.