Monday, February 16, 2009

Kelsey is now 7 years old!

All we have been singing at our house lately is"I like em big, I like em chunky." Imagine that in a deep throaty voice, and that is our house. I sound REALLY good in the morning, just like Moto Moto with my sore scratchy voice right when I wake up! I should be a millionaire too!
Anyway, Matt gave Kelsey the Madagascar 2 DVD for her birthday this past week. And for those of you who have not yet seen it, "Baby you're huge" and it is a pretty funny movie. For me to say that is a big deal. The story line is horrible and the old lady ruins it for me, but Gloria and Moto Moto the hippos, they make up for it. We love them and we sing their fat songs all day long at our house. I told Matt he can only sing like that to me and tell me how "plump" I am for 5 1/2 more weeks, then he will get a black eye! It is hard to get that little 'chunky' song out of our heads!



Anyway, back to the sweet little birthday girl. Kelsey had a super birthday. The poor thing requested to be woken up (is that proper English?) at 6:00 am so she could open her presents before her dad left for work because she knew she would otherwise have to wait until 7:30 pm when he got home! She got some great presents and I love how happy and content she truly is. She is a sweet little girl.

Kelsey requested a Fantastic Four cake this year. It started out as a joke, but she was serious. We could not find Fantastic Four ANYTHING ANYWHERE! Matt searched 3 Wal-Marts and a Target in Weber and Davis counties and found nothing, and our sweet little local KINGS didn't have anything either! It is the wrong time for Fantastic Four since it has been awhile since a movie has been released I guess.
She then told me she wanted a square cake with layers and pink sprinkles. Easy enough. Matt was pretty upset about not finding any Fantastic Four figurines to put on her cake and this is what Kelsey told him. "Dad it is okay, I will just make a popsicle stick girl and put it on the top of the cake." Isn't that so cute? She didn't end up with a bunch of popsicle sticks, but she did paint a picture of herself and taped it to one popsicle stick and stuck it on top of the cake. She is so funny. Here she is making her wish. I love the look on her face. It makes you know it was a good wish!


Kelsey is such a great girl. She is a sweet, caring and considerate little person. She cares about other's feelings and doesn't want anyone to feel bad or left out. She is super dependable and I can trust her to do anything I ask her to do. She is a pleaser and tries to please both Matt and I by doing well in school and helping at home. She is the best sister Kendal could ever have. She is a sister though and they fight, that is for sure, but she cares and loves Kendal so much. She said to me just today "I have to admit it mom, Kendal is the cutest thing I have ever seen. What does 'admit it' mean anyway?"
I had a babysitter come last week while I went to quilt guild and Matt was in Logan. When I was taking the babysitter home she said "Kelsey is really a good big sister to Kendal. She knows what will make her happy and how to take care of her." I thought that was such a compliment from a 15 year old girl. Kelsey is truly a wonderful daughter and a great sister too. We love her very much and it is both breaking my heart to watch her grow up and it also makes me so happy to see her develop into a more amazing girl everyday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsey is truly a sweetheart.
And so smart, and so pretty,,,She will go a long ways in life.
HAAPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY.

Anonymous said...

Kelsey is such a great girl! Sometimes it is hard for me to realize how grown up she is getting, then I have a coversation on the phone with her and it all floods in.
Rach-you have done a wonderful job raising her. She is a very well mannered, caring, smart, fun little girl.
It seems like just a few days ago that we were laying her tiny body on the four corners and she was only 10 days old! WOW!

Jenn said...

Wow I was freaking out that Kade was 4 but Kelsey 7!!! In my mind she's still that little 3 year old (just very mature for her age :D ) that she was when we moved here. It's funny how you mind doesn't let kids grow up.

Unknown said...

Love the cake! Great job! Kelsey is a great girl, and a great friend to Bekah

Talbots said...

Happy Birthday Kels! It's the grown up side of her that allows her to talk with her cousins on the phone for 30 minutes and still have more to talk about when dad needs the phone!

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kelsey! (We tried to add a cute moving birthday cake but it wouldn't let us post it in the comment box.) We hope you have a happy birthday.

Love,
Susan & gang

Spencer's Adventures said...

Happy Birthday Kelsey! She is a sweetheart. Abby always tells me that we are passing by Kelsey and Kendal's house. We haven't seen Kelsey for a really long time, so she definitely has made a great impression with Abby. Cute cake! Maybe soon Matt will get his fill of Fantastic 4 and other superheros...if you have a boy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...