Thursday, March 05, 2009

It's here again!

It's here again - my favorite night of the month - quilt guild meeting.
The Design Challenge starts this month and the theme this year is Baskets of Friendship. We are supposed to take a 9 inch basket block that we have made to guild meeting tonight along with 2 notions in a cute little basket to trade. We will come home with another basket block that someone else has made and directions of what to do next. How suspenseful it has been! Here is my basket block. Blue and brown, I must be thinking 'boy boy boy.'





I also finished my block of the month quilt top that we have been working on as an Enrichment activity the other night. I had a post earlier about what color of sashing fabric to purchase. I tried hard to find a green that worked for me, but it ended up dark brown. I do like how it turned out though. Thanks everyone for your helpful comments of what to buy.


Here it is on our bed. That is where it will eventually live. Matt likes it and is excited for me, but I haven't told him that it won't actually go on our bed until after the fair. Hopefully I can talk all the Enrichment ladies into putting theirs into the fair too and we will have a great show!



Well, off to figure out what to have ready for Matt and girls to eat tonight while I am far away in a beatiful place called quilting.

7 comments:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Wow Rachel! That is such a beautiful quilt! I love your block too. Hope you have fun tonight. One of these days I'm going to join the enrichment night (first I have to learn how to use a sewing machine :) I have to say it one more time...beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Alison said...

I love the basket! Brown and blue are two of my favorite color combos. Blue is my favorite color, so I'm a big fan of it!

Jenn said...

So by the title I was sure the post was going to be about the snow.
I LOVE the dark brown. I think it was the perfect pick.

Anonymous said...

The block is cute,,,,,,,,You will have to show us what you come home with. And the quilt,,,OH MY HELL,,,, To think my daughter done that,,,,,, it is awesome.

Diantha said...

I love the quilt! I wish our enrichment groups could do something like that. We aren't allowed to do very many things like that. You'll have to tell me sometime how you work your enrichment groups and what activities you do.

Unknown said...

You changed your basket block. It's very cute! That quilt looks great on your bed too!

Krista said...

Hope you had a great time. Love the quilt! You are amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...