Monday, March 23, 2009

Kendal was so WILD in church yesterday. She has been on one today too. Is it spring fever and she is feeling her oats or something else? Goodness, she is so WILD! Yesterday during Sacrament Meeting she was all over the place. In the past I have been able to handle her pretty well and keep her entertained, but she was everywhere! Then, she started singing. Not the nice hymns when she was supposed to, but while the Sacrament was being passed and you are supposed to be so quiet! Matt and the girls watched Madagascar 2 again on Saturday night so she started belting out "I YIKE EM TUNKY!" over and over again, which translated is "I like em chunky," the song from that movie we love so much at my house lately. Kelsey and I were giggling so hard trying to keep her quiet so that just egged her on. Matt had no idea what she was saying so hopefully nobody else caught it either. Kelsey thought it was hilarious and would whisper "I like em big" then Kendal would finish it off with "I like em chunky." It was a bad thing.

Today the girls didn't have school because of the end of the term or something. Plus it did try to snow for awhile this morning so my girls have been cooped up today. Kendal has been spanked more today than in the entire past 2 weeks. Is she really that bad or am I just super fat and impatient? You be the judge.




Friday, here I come! I have been telling people that I am not quite ready for this little baby to exit my body yet because it is perfectly taken care of right now. It naps, it eats, it doesn't cry, it doesn't poop, it is totally taken care of. BUT, I think I am ready now. I have been having some good head butts down under and kicks up high that tell me hopefully this little one is getting ready too.

By the way, I don't need any comments like the ones I get from my "old guy" friends at church. Dick offered to take me for a ride up Lake Creek the other day, Jay told me a few weeks ago that I was "looking like I was done", I won't mention the names of the fellers that tell me how LARGE I am because there have been a quite a few. It is all okay, they are sweet old men and I am glad they are my friends. I hope they mean it in the nicest way possible! I did get a wish from one "old guy"on Sunday on my way out to the car. He said "good luck this week Rachel." I thought that was super sweet. Anyway, no harsh comments on my appearance PLEASE!

12 comments:

Jenn said...

I drove past your house today and thought it looked mighty quiet so I wondered if maybe that little one was here. I'll be thinking of you this week-- hope it all goes well.

I can totally see the Cranes in church dealing with I like 'em chunky. Funny, funny.

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Not a harsh comment...an honest one. You truly look so beautiful! I know everyone talks about the "pregnancy glow" but you really have it. I wish I looked half as good as you when I was pregnant. You really do look great!

I know what you mean about the church thing. It's sooo frustrating to try to feel spiritual and calm when you're wrestling with your little one the whole time. Sarah always tells me that Maya isn't that bad (I'm not quite sure I believe her :) I honestly have never heard Kendal. We had to pick Sus up on Sunday so unfortunately I missed the concert (I'm sure it wasn't that bad). I think us moms are just more worried than everyone else (including the dads-lol). Here's to an uneventful Sunday-for both of us :)

Krista said...

I think that you look great, but very ready. I can't wait to see this little one. Please keep me posted!
Anna has been extremely naughty these last couple of days as well. It must be those terrible 3's combined with Spring fever. Ugh! But I had to laugh about the "I like them chunky!". Good thing we weren't in church with you because Anna would have joined in!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at some blogs (it is 3:45 am) while dealing with a little discomfort and I wondered "why do they make maternity shirts with horizontal stripes?"
and I promise my (really my sister's) sweet velour pants do match that shirt better than it appears!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

I was thinking you are still really high. And I love pregnancy and everything about it, so I think you look GREAT! I can't wait to see baby Crane and kiss his/her (hopefully fat)little cheeks!!!
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Hey, those sweet pants are a lifesaver. Nothing beats feeling like a fuzzy Barney while being 9 months prego!

Anyway, you look great! I am soooo freakin' excited for this baby!!!

Oh, by the way, the "I like em chunky" made me snort at work! I so have a visual in my head!

Spencer's Adventures said...

Just sit by my mom and dad. They would totally be cracking up even though they wouldn't know what she was talking about. Good luck this week. I promise it is still better when they are out. Eating, pooping, crying...it's all better than being pregnant...at least to me!

Miss Melis said...

You truly look amazing! It is a bummer that Kendal didn't wait a few more weeks to be WILD in church while you and the baby are on sabbatical and resting at home. I like 'em chunky is a theme song around here. We love Moto Moto--He really knows what to say to a girl. Is "fatty" still a term of endearment at your house? Will you send me your email address to mysimpleblessings@gmail.com

Family of ARTISTS said...

Now I have a need to watch the movie. I think you look SEXY HOT and BEAUTIFUL, my dear cuz. And I will wish you luck that the baby will arrive soon.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear my nephew's name and see pics. Get posting (No time to recover!)...

Mindy

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Sarah called and told me the good news. I didn't want to call and bother you (I know how busy all the new baby stuff is). Just wanted to tell you and your family congrats. Our whole family is so excited for you, your family, and the new little one. Can't wait to see him!!!!

Tamara and Marc said...

Rachel, Congratulations. I just heard the good news. I hope you and the little guy are doing well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...