Saturday, September 26, 2009

Deal with it, this is my blog (said in the nicest way possible)

Kendal, Emmitt, and I went to Quiltfest, the Utah Quilt Guild's annual meeting, in Layton the other day. Here are few pictures of a few faves at the quilt show. Sorry to bore some of you, but this is my excitement and my love and my blog.


Kendals is pointing to Snow White












Okay, so this one isn't my favorite topic to quilt about, but it was pretty well done. I had to include it. Kendal kept saying "I wanna touch the man quilt. Where is the man quilt? Look at the man." I finally told her that the man's name was Obama. She still just called him the man.

11 comments:

Krista said...

So fun! I love the one with the hearts and the trees!

Emiko said...

I love it when you put your quilting on the blog! Especially when it is yours. Down here in the sticks you don't get to see much of it (at least not from my tower). luv it, Luv it!!!

mom said...

No way does this bore me,,,,,I love looking at amazing talent, I cannot imagine doing one of these quilts,and its cool that some people can actually do this.

Unknown said...

I love the one with the deer and the waterfall

Talbots said...

I thought sewing a straight line was hard, so how did they do it? I think my fav is the one with Snow White!

Talbots said...

And just so we are all clear, Kelsey could out sew me...

Tori said...

I can not believe that deer one is actually quilted! It looks like a painting.
I love your quilt posts and your amazing quilting talent. I even stalk your Heber Valley Quilters blog.

Jenn said...

That fairy tale one is so neat! I would like to see it up close.

Diantha said...

Yep, I agree w/everyone else. I enjoy looking at other peoples talents (because I am definitely lacking!). I also stalk your Heber Valley Quilters blog.

Anonymous said...

stalk away ladies
I make it for whoever wants to see it!

Emily said...

Those are amazing quilts. I can't even fathom it. Speaking of quilts...I need help with one I started. I took a class to do a Hopi Basket quilt, I had to leave early and I'm stuck. Have you ever seen one? I have the round circle part pieced together and the background pieced together, but I'm lost on how to do a bias binding and how to applique the round part to the BG. Any ideas or know anyone who can help me? http://www.aquilterschoice.com/gallery/photo/1/ that is what it looks like, sort of.

Thanks!
Emily

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...