Monday, February 22, 2010

chess

Saturday Matt, Kelsey, and Kendal headed down to the U of U for the Girls State Chess Tournament. Kelsey loves playing chess and is pretty dang good at it. Emmitt and I stayed home. I had strep, an ear infection, and I have a stinking broken finger! Anyway . . .


Kelsey played 5 matches and came out at 2nd place in the 2nd grade division. She had a great time and she said she made 2 new friends, Amy and Madison. It was a great experience for her. The State Chess Tournment is next month. This one includes the dang males too. Chess is definitely a male dominated deal, so we will see if she wants to attend and how well she does. She placed the last 2 years she went, just not as well as when she just plays with the girls!



Emmitt and I enjoyed our morning alone. I read, relaxed, and tried not to swallow the razor blades in my throat. It was a good day for all.

6 comments:

Tori said...

Good Job Kelsey! I think that she is so awesome!!

TORI said...

Oh and sorry about your razor throat, hurty ears and finger!!!

mom said...

SO COOL,,,,KELSEY!

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Cool Kelsey! Hope you get better soon Rachel. Hey when you get a chance check out my latest post I need an opinion asap :)

Tacey said...

Congrats to Kelsey! Hope you feel better soon. How did you break your finger?? I have not had good luck myself with sports and fingers, lips, shoulders, etc. good luck to you all

momof6 said...

Congrats to Kelsey, great job. Tyrelle LOVES Chess as well!

Hope you are feeling better. You have an amazing talent of making things!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...