Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fashion idiot

I'm such a fashion idiot!

There is a store going out of business here in town, and the other day I was in the area and I was alone so I decided to stop in and see if there was anything I needed for a killer price. 
I have been wanting some white Christmas lights to put up outside to replace the half-lit ones on our canopy.  I wondered where I was going to find Christmas lights in July, but lo and behold, I did.  And pretty cheap as well.
I also saw a few things in the home décor area that I thought Kelsey would like.  She recently redecorated her room (she does a major overhaul every two months or so) and I thought she might like the looks of this.  There were three of them, so I bought them for a buck and a half a piece.
 

When I saw them, I thought that she would just use the frame and the canvas and make her own original design with scrapbook paper, photos, and mod podge.  She is great at creating projects like that.  Because, who wants a 9 inch by 9 inch picture of a fat triangle cat with a scarf on, right?
 
Yep.  That is what I thought it was.  A cat.  A fat one.  With flowery fur and a long long scarf.  And words that said LOVE IS FASHION. 
I'm a complete fashion idiot.  When I told Kelsey what I thought it was after she hung a few of them up in her newly redecorated room, she laughed so hard she cried.
So did I. 
Does anyone else see the fat blob of a cat with a winter scarf and skinny ears, or am I the only fashion idiot that didn't realize it was a dress?
I think Kelsey wants to trade me in for a new mom sometimes.  This was one of those times.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...