Tuesday, May 25, 2010

dress and garden almost complete

Yesterday one of my goals to accomplish was to put this skirt (on the left) onto this bodice (on the right). Well, I stayed up late and did not accomplish that goal, but I did finish it this morning! HOORAY! I started this dress months ago and put off finishing it to get my kids outfitted for Civil War events. But, this weekend is the Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn Civil War Days and I needed to finish this dress. Tonight I will add the rest of the hook and eyes for the dogleg closure in front. I am so excited! Then I heard about the weather - cold and rainy for Saturday. Maybe I won't be wearing this dress . . .
But on a sunnier note, I just came in the house from planting my garden. Yep, I finally got around to it. I don't feel all that bad about being so late though because with snow again yesterday, that soil can't be too warm! I figure those seeds did just as much growing in the packages in my laundry room as the seeds my fellow neighborhood gardeners' planted in the soil a month ago! I planted the peas, the beets (I adore pickled beets), the tomatoes, and the cucumbers. I will wait another week or so before I put the corn and squash in - just in case we have another crazy weather weekend!
I worked so hard my back is aching and my mouth is watering with pickled beets on my mind. I think I will go open up a jar!

3 comments:

mom said...

I remember when I had as much energy as you,,,ahhhhhhhh, those were the days.........enjoy!

lissawi said...

Ha, I haven't planted my garden yet either. It has been so cold and rainy, I just haven't gotten out there (except for sunflowers with the kids). Hope it all grows well!

Tori said...

My beets are poking their little leafy sprouts up right now at my house! I am so excited!! and Jared hates them-- so they are all mine!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...