Thursday, May 31, 2012

On the quilting homefront


On the quilting homefront I have been busy.  I just got this sweet quilt back from Cindy the quilter last week.  I love how it turned out.  This quilt was started in 2006 or 2007 as a statewide friendship block project.  I received a bunch of blocks, and then of course I had to make 1374 (just an exaggerated guess) more blocks to make it queen sized, added a few borders, and walaa, 5 years later it is finished! 


Well, not completely finished.  I am not the best at getting my quilts bound, so lets see how long it takes to bind this one!  I do have great plans for this one on my bed this summer, so maybe that will happen sooner than I think!


I love the all over circle pattern the quilter put in this quilt.  The front looks fantastic, and so does the back!



I did get this quilt bound yesterday.  Hooray!  It is just a lap/throw quilt I finished this winter when I was on a finishing kick.  With the baby coming soon, I have felt an urgency to get a few unfinished projects wrapped up!


This sweet thing is almost finished.  It is the secret quilt for my mother in law.  Shhhhh!  I need to applique a few bird beaks on it, and add one more border to the outside and it will be complete!  Hooray!  Then of course, off to the quilter.  I am not sure what poor soul I will ask to quilt this one for me - that rickrack is going to be a beast!


I posted a picture of a quilt top that Kelsey whipped together a few weekend ago.  Well, it has been off to the quilter as well, and I think it turned out so cute!  The backing is of course MINKY, because Kelsey wanted something soft and snuggly.  The quilting pattern is just an all over cute butterfly design.



It turned out so lovely.  The pinks are so pretty and feminine!  I guess I am getting ready to add another estrogen-filled little girl to our household!

Now that May is nearly over, I need to get all these projects wrapped up so we can enjoy more of summertime!  Tomorrow is the girls' last day of school.  They can not wait!  I can't either.  What a great summer we are going to have!  Goodbye May, you were beautiful and wonderful to us!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel like I am standing still. I remember when Kelsey made that cute pink quilt and it wasn't that long ago. I remember making a block for the State friendship one too. I love how it looks on point but is just squares when you piece it.

Debbie

Rachel said...

WOW!! I never saw it that way, now that is all I can see!
You are not left behind, your sewing room light has been on LATE into the night the past few nights!

Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

Mom said...

When the quilt for your mother in law gets done. You need to post a pic, so everyone can see how totally awesome it is..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...