Saturday, February 09, 2013

another project I can't wait to start

My friend was talking about making a new quilt for her husband to take back to Pennsylvania in the summer when he goes back to participate in the 150th Gettysburg reenactment.  
I thought it was a great idea.
I was looking through an old quilting magazine I had the other night while putting Kenna to bed.  This is Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting issue from Jan/Feb 2004.
I saw this one, and thought it was perfect.  They made it using plaid flannels, but wouldn't it look fantastic in civil war reproduction cottons?  I think it would be stunning.  I think I need to make this pattern.  For me!  Even though I am not going to Gettysburg!  
It will be a good way for me to feel involved in such a monumental event, 
and a great excuse to start another project.
It measures 59" by 86" or something like that - the perfect civil war cot quilt size.


On another note, Kenna went to the doctor.
She is a little over 7 months old, 18 1/2 pounds, 27 inches long, and in about the 
73%tile on the growth charts.  
I thought with those sweet fat thighs of hers, she would be higher, but she is great.
She is the sweetest, most mellow baby and is crawling all over the place!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sad to say, my cat still out weighs her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...