Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Science Fair


I went to Kelsey's school's Science Fair today. There are 15 5th grade classes at her school and I am not sure how many 6th grade classes, but I would guess at least 10 or so.  There were only about 60 Science Fair entries.  I was a little disappointed in that number.  When I was in school, it was REQUIRED by all students.  Kelsey's teacher required it and I am grateful.  Not only was the project display board required, but a research paper and a power point were required as well.  Kelsey spent a lot of time on her project and learned so much.  She had a great opportunity to learn, grow and stretch herself.  She was of course disappointed when she didn't win anything, because my little smart girl is used to winning things, but she said "Next year I am going to do .......... It will be awesome!"  That's my girl!


http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54490/67/4EF057DA9B19B67FBA022041188E3ACD.png

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love 5th grade Science Fairs! I won mine and took state. And now I am a scientist. They did not require Power Point presentations back then. Come to think of it Power Point was not invented yet. Wow, that just made me feel old. Specialized Structures in Animals I assume is an evolutionary presentation. Tell me more about what she did.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...