Friday, September 12, 2014

A bit of an update:
 
I checked out a much desired book at the library on Monday.
It is my carrot for finishing up a few quilting projects.
When I finish three certain quilts (the tops), I get to start my book. 
It sits on my bookcase and taunts me and helps me get busy!
 
I have wanted to read this book for about 4 months now, but reading in the summer is too crazy for me so, I took one quilt top and back to the quilter two days ago.

 I finished this one two days ago.
It is a family friendship block quilt for my mom.
Some of her sister in laws, some of her nieces, some great nieces, and her daughters made her purple and green blocks for this quilt.  I am putting it together for her.
It will go to the quilter next week after I find some backing fabric that is GROOVY like my mom!


And today I am putting the LAST border on this baby!
When it is sewn on and ironed, I get to READ!
YIPPEE!
 
As for the rest of the household:
 
Kelsey is busy rocking 7th grade and her 5 honors courses and homework.
She is also busy watching crafting videos on YouTube!

 
Kendal started gymnastics this week and is LOVING it.  It is good for her to love something and enjoy it so much!  She stays busy with her 3rd grade math homework as well.


Emmitt thinks he is in heaven in Kindergarten.
With his new peers, he has learned ALL about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and that is his newest CRAZE!


And Kenna, sweet Kenna.
She sings. A lot.
She has also been sporting some cute little DORA undies as well and doing really great at it!
Her latest line that I hear 48 times a day is
"Mom, watch this" then does the silliest things.
I love it.

 
And what about Matt you ask?
No picture of that fella.  He is too busy taking care of everyone's dogs, cats, cows, horses, and getting the hay hauled.
Wait, he did come to the park the other night for a bit and practiced batting with Emmitt.
He is a busy man and we are grateful for him.
 


1 comment:

Kerin said...

Great quilts!
How nice it will be for you to take a bit of time now, and get some reading in.
Your kiddo's are darling, and growing up so fast!
Kids tend to do that, don't they?!!
What a blessing to have a wonderful husband that works hard to provide for your family.

Hope you have a great week!

K.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...