Wednesday, September 29, 2010

beginnings of the violin


Kelsey had her first violin lesson yesterday. She enjoyed it, so I hope this is the start of something good.
When I was pregnant with her, my dad bought her this violin. We didn't know if we were getting a boy or a girl, and my dad said whatever it was going to be, he wanted to hear fiddle music played when he was an old man. So I have kept this violin in the back of my closet for 9 years or so. When Kelsey turned 8 years old, I took this 1/2 size violin in to get it checked out and restrung. They said it was amazing and in pristine condition. That tickled me pink! All summer I have been looking for a violin teacher that wouldn't break me, and I found one a month or so ago.
So here we go! Hopefully my dad will enjoy some good music soon!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Oh wow! That is awesome! I can't wait to hear it-- but I know in the mean time there is going to be lots of squeaks and squeals coming out of that little beauty.

Diantha said...

We should get Kelsey and Maren together. Maren is in her second year of violin. We are lucky here because it is taught in 4th and 5th grades during school.

ToRi and cReW said...

...i heard it while I was on the phone with you tonight... do you want some ear muffs?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...