Thursday, April 19, 2012

 My sweet little man was sick yesterday, last night, and has carried over into today.  He just wants to lay on the big dog, drink milk, and watch Bob the Builder this morning.  He is holding the ear thermometer and is seriously so sweet and cute.  I hope our afternoon is going to be better!


 A few happy thoughts - I got these two quilts back from the quilter last week.  The top one is my round robin from 2006.  Pitiful, I know!  This past winter I was on a finishing kick, and a few tops got finished and sent off to be quilted!  I made the three tulip pots in the center, a lady name Michelle did the broken dishes border, Shantelle added the tulip applique border, and Cat added the last piano keys border.  I was feeling badly that Baby Agnes (that is what we call our baby girl because it makes Kelsey so angry!) was only going to have one quilt made by mom and that one was not a girly quilt - it is the blue and gray civil war quilt.  So I decided maybe this one will be hers as well.  Its a bit big, but she will grow!  I need to just add the binding now - yippee for completed projects!

This quilt is from maybe 5 years ago.  When my friend Natalia started her online store, Piece N Quilt, she had a referral contest that I won, which means I won a bunch of fabric from her site.  The fabric I won is from the Cotton Blossoms fabric line and this is what became of it.  I made a bunch of half square triangle blocks, and Kelsey laid them out in this pattern.  I sewed them up, added a border, and now I have another quilt to bind!  I had the quilter use a loftier batting so it is nice and snuggly and will be used just as a throw on the couch I think.


1 comment:

mom said...

Dang! Hope he soon feels better.
Love the quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...