Thursday, June 21, 2012

rocks, weeds, and sand


It has been a busy week around here.  Kendal started summer school, has swimming lessons, and Kelsey had a 3 day sewing camp with 4H.  I have felt like a chauffeur all week!  But, these things had to get done before the baby gets here, and that is next week!  Kelsey's rock tumbler needed to be checked - it tumbled for one week.  So, we got the rocks out of the barrels, and she cleaned them off to see the miracle of erosion! 


They all loved looking at how pretty the rocks were becoming.  It is funny, but I am pretty sure Kelsey knew each and every rock and what is USED to look like!  So now, the tumbler is tumbling again.  This time with fine grit and water for 5 days.  (before it was course grit)


We can't wait to see what miracles come out of the barrels this time.



It was a warm day today, but boy oh boy is summer wonderful.  We love the evenings!  This evening while I sprayed weeds, the kids made a volcano in the sandbox.  Emmit was so cute, he said "Mom, Dad, we are making a volcano of sand and Kelsey said the water is like hot lava!"



This is me at 39 weeks.  I am due in a week.  HOORAY!!  I finally got the little darling's bed out today and in place, and washed blankets and such.  Kelsey and I have been washing clothing and getting things ready.  She has been such a great help.  I am getting so very excited, and with the warmer weather, very ready for our little bundle to arrive.  Matt has a big weekend ahead of him - he is vetting the Strawberry Fields Forever Endurance Ride again.  So hopefully, baby and I won't ruin his weekend and go into labor! 



Hope your summer is as lovely and dirty as ours has been so far! 



2 comments:

mom said...

I am excited about the rocks too. I wish I could find the bag full that I have somewhere.
And I am soooo excited to meet this baby girl that is soon to arrive.

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Wow I can't believe how big the kiddies are getting and I must be WAY out of the loop 'cause I didn't even know you're pregnant. Congrats! It seems like everything is going well for you guys. Hope your summer continues great and I can't wait to see pics of the adorable new bundle of joy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...