Monday, April 08, 2013

Easter at the Ranch


When I was a little girl, if you asked me what my favorite holiday was, it would have been really hard for me to decide between Christmas and Easter.  Really hard decision.  I have always loved Easter.  It is the first big outing of the year with family and lots of picnicing food, and you can get dirty as dirty and it doesn't matter.  Some of my most memorable times are with my cousins and siblings at Easter. 


I still love Easter for those reasons, although now I also recognize the reason for Easter is to celebrate the Savior's triumph over the tomb.  What a wonderful celebration - a new birth, the resurrection, and the wonderful atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.


So for Easter this year, on Saturday the Crane Clan headed up to the ranch and spent the afternoon doing the things  I love and remember about Easter as a child.  It was a perfect Easter weekend in my eyes.  Some of those things are



rolling Easter eggs down the hill with the littler kids




having the older kids join the younger kids roll eggs, get bored, and then start an egg fight





adults have a conversation about who has the best throwing arm and aim, as we watch from not too far away



contests where the adults enter into competition with the teenagers and show them up



4 wheeling


keeping the babies out of the cactus and pricklies


root beer smiles


older kids involving the uncles in the egg fight and then regretting it



big splash as the ringleader gets rebaptized in the ditch




fun with cousins, the first best friends



Easter egg hunt



sunshine on my face, being with those I love




overflowing Easter baskets


baby's first touch of pasture grass (not very soft this time of year)



eating a delicious potluck picnic


the best memories with cousins





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...