Wednesday, January 01, 2014

January first, starting it out good.

My New Years Day, 2014
(so far)


I started the morning out with 100 75 # power cleans and about 75 burpees.
One of my goals for 2014 is to use better technique on my Olympic lifts and obviously improve my grip.  I have been disliking the 'hook grip,' but it looks like I better start liking it.  If I do, then this won't happen anymore.

 
After I got my car back from the autobody shop this morning, (yeah, a bit of an accident a few weeks ago) we got a bunch of wood hauled and split in the garage.  YIPPEE!!
I love myself a good fire.

 
I made some binding and got it sewn onto a quilt that has been quilted since June or so.
Now, to get the binding turned over and it completed, for good.
One of my goals for 2014 will be to finish up a few projects like this that I tend to drag out far too long.  I think I have quilting and sewing ADD.  I want to start so many fun projects while others are in various stages of completion.  So many projects, so little time.


Then this evening Matt and I cut up one of Kelsey's turkeys we got back from the fellow that smokes them for us.  This is Kelsey in October and her six turkeys were slaughtered right before Thanksgiving.  We kept the biggest one, she sold 4 of them, and then gave one to the neighbors. 
The one we kept dressed out at 38.5 pounds. 
We have a lot of turkey in the fridge!
I think soup and pot pie are on the menu for the next few days.
One of my goals for 2014 is to not hate preparing dinner quite so much.
I don't mind actually cooking and doing it, its just thinking about it, planning it, and shopping for it that makes me crazy.  Maybe I should start a menu plan.
Yeah, good idea.
 
Now, I am going to finish off the evening with some ice cream sundaes, a bit more sewing, and hopefully some reading.  Oh, and another goal for 2014 - the grateful journal.
I was really good at this for many years, but the past few years I haven't done it at all. 
Here I go!
Happy New Years to you!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Ouch!! Those hands look painful. I hope they heal fast.
I can't wait to see your finished quilts this year.
And btw, you look gorgeous in your family pics.
Happy New Year to you!!

Tiff

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...