Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My mom's herd


On Thanksgiving Day of 2012, I traced around all the feet and hands of my mom and dad's nine living grandchildren.  I had big plans for my mom's Christmas present.  I ordered fabric and was so excited to start the project, then the fabric got back ordered, and then never came.  So my sweet mom ended up getting a case of paper towels for Christmas.  No kidding.

So then I decided this project needed to get completed for Christmas of 2013.  I worked hard on it in November and December.  I left all the prints from 2012, because I knew if I had to get new ones, it would never happen. 

The quilt top was finished for Christmas but was at the quilter's for Christmas Day.  My mom got a few pictures of her new quilt wrapped up for Christmas this year.  Lame, I know.


But my dear, sweet mom is kind and patient thankfully.  I got the quilt back from the quilter last week and planned to get it bound for her since she came to visit over the weekend.  That didn't happen.  So, guess what is at the TOP of my list for next week?  Yep, my mom's Christmas present from 2012! 


But I do think it turned out great.  The quilting on it is gorgeous thanks to Natalia at Piecenquilt.com.  The red super soft minky on the back will be fun and cozy for my mom.  It is sort of big for a throw quilt, but not really big enough to go on a bed.  I am not sure what I was thinking, I was just sewing. 
 
And by the way, I am not sure if they are elk or deer or moose, but they are my mom's herd of grandchildren. 


1 comment:

Kerin said...

Awesome! I love it.
Great idea, and love how you incorporated the footprint with the handprints.
As time goes on, the grands will be able to see just how much their hand and foot sizes grow :)

Smiles :)
Kerin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...