Friday, June 12, 2009

Is there really life beyond Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Little Jimmy Dickens? Oh yeah, and don't forget Conway Twitty!

On the left is a YouTube video that I think you should watch. I have stayed away from posting videos, but I could not pass this one up.
It is Jon Schmidt and Steven Nelson playing the piano and the cello. They combined 2 songs together - Taylor Swift's LOVE STORY and Coldplay's VIVA LA VIDA. It is amazing. I am not one that loves this kind of music, but there is something about it - it is beautiful.
Don't feel bad if you don't know these songs. I had to Google LOVE STORY because I don't listen to 'new' country. Kelsey loved watching the video! I had no idea who Coldplay was, so I Googled that too and watched their VIVA LA VIDA video. I like their music for some strange reason, but I am not sure why because it sounds nothing like The Bar J Wranglers!
Anyway, blogger would not let me put the video on this post, so check it out on the side. You might want to let it play through first and do it's buffering thing then come back and really listen to it and watch it. Sorry about the side thing cutting the picture in half too!
Kendal walked up to Kelsey yesterday and said "it a yove tory tom on baby jest say yes." A few days ago she was singing to Emmitt "you be the pince and I be the pincess." Matt does a great little dance while he sings that part too. Needless to say, we have been on a LOVE STORY kick at our house after watching this!
Oh yeah, you need to scroll down and hit pause on my Playlist Player so you don't hear that music while the video plays.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Taylor Swift did a mix like this at her concert...it was amazing! Thanks for the reminder! We sing Love Story almost every time we get in the car. One of Hannah's very fav cd's thanks to her very influential mother :)

Krista said...

I have loved this from the first time I heard it. I can't wait until he makes it available to download. I love both of these artists. Coldplay reminds me a lot of U2.
Kendal's reaction to the song is great. Anna calls Love Story the "Princess" song and wants me to play it over and over. Isn't it great to find new music!

mom said...

I actually listened to this,,it is awesome!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...