Wednesday, December 23, 2009

bonds

Soon after having Emmitt, so many ladies told me about the mother-son bond they felt they had with their sons. I told them I didn't feel anything different with Emmitt than I did with my girls when they were wonderful little newborns.


But this little man has me totally wrapped around his cute little toe. Maybe there is a different bond I share with him than I did/do with my girls. It is not good, or worse, or bad, or better, just different. I just love him to pieces, I loved my girls to pieces too when they were this age though. I am not sure if it truly is a different bond or if it has just been so long since I have had a baby in my arms that looks at me with so much love and trust that it just melts my heart.

When they are this age, I feel like I know them better than they know themselves. I know what is best for them and they depend on me in EVERY way to provide what they need. So maybe there honestly is a mother-son love that differs from mother-daughter love, or just maybe I love being a mother to a sweet baby again. He refreshes me. Yesterday the girls were playing dress ups and bickering a little bit. I took Emmitt in the front room, away from the chaos and just loved on him and watched him. It was so refreshing. He is so sweet and innocent, and full of love and trust.

3 comments:

Spencer's Adventures said...

What a cute picture! These have been fun times. I know exactly what you mean. I spent all day today playing with my little guy. I can't believe time has gone by so quickly! I love all his hair!

The Lierd's said...

You have such beautiful kids!! And Emmitt is a lady-killer! (Pat's words! haha!) I love my little bug...that mother-monster (son) bond is amazing....I am tied right around his little pinky! I know what you mean!

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...