Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Just a few tidbits I found the other day:

"Determine never to be idle . . .It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing." - Thomas Jefferson

According to one estimate, more than 40 percent of Americans living today have an ancestor who passed through Ellis Island.

Mary Antin, who at the end of the nineteenth century came to this country from Russia as a child, described in her book The Promised Land the ongoing amazement she felt at having become an American. One day, she wrote, she learned about George Washington, and suddenly she realized, "I was more nobly related than I had ever supposed . . . George Washington, who died long before I was born, was like a king in greatness, and he and I were fellow citizens."

2 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

I think your motto is that quote from Thomas Jefferson.
I don't think you are EVER idle.
You prove that by the late hours that you post!!

mom said...

Yeah, what Tori said.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...