Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kelsey amazes me again

When we were in Albuquerque last week the girls complained about all the restaurants we went to for dinner. Matt and I don't EVER go out together, so we took the opportunity to eat at fun places for us and not so fun places for the kids. So the last night in Albuquerque we ate at Denny's. It was good; the kids liked it and so did Matt and I.
In the little foyer of Denny's they had one of those claw games that you put 2 quarters into and you try to grab a stuffed animal with the claw. Now Kelsey LOVES stuffed animals. LOVES. When we sat down to order she asked me if she could go try the claw. I responded with "no way, that is a waste of money - you never win anything, just decide what you want for dinner." She continued her plea. Finally I said "Fine sweetie, you are right. You need to learn the hard way about those games. Yes, you can spend 2 of your quarters and go try to win an animal after we eat."

Well, she put in her 2 quarters and grabbed a red bear. She loved it, but Scooby Doo was right there on top too. So I said "sure, give it a try" as I was just irritatedly happy about her previous win. So, she grabbed Scooby Doo. Then she saw a cute pink and black poodle. She gave Emmitt the red bear and Kendal Scooby. Scooby Doo is one of Kendal's new faves since we got a Scooby Doo dvd from the library a few weeks ago. Kelsey cashed in another dollar for quarters. The Claw finally did what it was made to do and took her money. She really wanted that poodle. I let her try again and she grabbed it. She got 3 nice sized (like 18 inch tall) little friends for $2. I ate my words, but only because she is Kelsey, not because I trust the claw.
She started third grade today. She is a great little girl and we all love her so much. What would we do without Kelsey?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

SO I think that is some kind of world record or something.

Krista said...

That is so great! I can't believe she is in 3rd grade! Crazy! She is a mini Rachel. So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...