Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I went to the American Heritage Festival this past weekend near Phoenix with my friend Amanda and had a great time. My mother in law came up and took care of the kiddos for me, thank so much Ellen! I met some amazing new people and just really had a fantastic time. There were a handful of us Utahans that went down to experience the weekend. I got to know them all a little more and feel very blessed to know such great folks.

Here are most of the Utah group, Amanda, Caleb, Mike, Jared, Kenny, Skyler, Austin, Gail, and myself. We are missing John.

Amanda was asked to arrange some period music pieces with other members that usually attend the festival. It was amazing to hear them. There was the hammer dulcimer, 2 violins, a cello, a guitar, and a mandolin. They sounded sensational and they always gathered a crowd - public and reenactors.

I of course got to meet General Robert E Lee, a highlight of my weekend.
I took hundreds of pictures, I just had a post a few before we ran away for Thanksgiving today. Please take time to count your many blessings.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...