Friday, January 25, 2013

Civil War sewing wish list

I can't remember where I got this picture, and I apologize, I should be better about that.
But I want to make a sheer dress very soon!

This is Lisa, from the northwest, and I adore her ensemble.  
She does a little pre-1860s impression, but I still adore it.  
I love her son's clothing as well.  I need to make Emmitt something similar for this next spring and summer.

I love all of these dresses.  I want to make them all!
The red cape is wonderful too!

This little gal's dress is so sweet.  I love her boots as well.  I love that she has long sleeves 
coming out from under the dress bodice.  Something you don't see very often.  
I need to make another dress for Kendal this summer.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this hair!

Sarah Jane made this paletot.  I love love love it.
This cold weather makes me want to make one too!  
I really do NEED one!


This medallion quilt was made in the 1830s.  I love love love it.  I want to make 
 one like it as well!  The scrappiness of it draws me to it. I can only imagine what those fabric scraps came from - neighbors, old dresses, sisters, a trip into town and splurging on a yard of chintz, husband's old shirts, maybe something from mom.  There are endless sentimental possibilities.

These are a few of the things I would sew up tomorrow if I had the time.
I do need to make the time for a few of the necessary projects.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...