Friday, April 04, 2014

making cookies


Yes, that is the cutest little pink apron you have ever seen!

I have sweet memories of making cookies when I was a little girl.
My mom would get out all the ingredients, let me measure them out and mix it all together, then my mom would return all the ingredients to their correct kitchen home while I wore out my arm stirring and stirring and stirring.  About the time she got everything put away, my little arm was totally given out and she would finish mixing it all into perfection.
Then we would use the double spoon method to get the dough onto the cookie sheet, and my mom would bake them and do the dishes.
 
Making cookies was such an easy thing for me back then.  I didn't have to round up all the ingredients, put them away, do dishes, clean up the table and counters, and I am pretty sure I disappeared until that timer buzzed and the cookies were done.  There wasn't even a mess to clean up!
 
The other day I was feeling the need for something sweet, and I had two little ones that wanted to help.  It was a sweet memory for me as I put the butter and cocoa and everything else needed in the pan for Kendal to whip up a batch of No Bake Cookies.
Thanks so much mom.  Hopefully my kids enjoy the process as much as I did.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...