Friday, March 28, 2014

Emmitt spent his birthday moving pipe at the farm and making furrows at the ranch

A few weeks ago we did the whole Kindergarten Registration thing.  It about broke my heart.  Emmitt turned 5 years old on Monday.  My best boy is growing up.

 The kids were out of school on Monday, so we spent the weekend in Salina.  Monday we all helped out with the gated pipe that had to be moved and put back together at the farm.  It was a gorgeous day, and a great day for a birthday if you are a 5 year old boy.  Emmitt found his own birthday present as well.  He told me it was a dinosaur bone.  His paleontology dreams were buried when his sister told him it was a cow!



I am grateful for the sunshine and the fresh air we were able to play and work in.  Spring is such a wonderful time of year.



 
I am grateful my kids like to get dirty, well, some of them.  I am grateful for my beautiful family and my extended family as well.



 
It was a wonderful day and much needed family time.  We rarely get to do much with everyone involved, even though there are only 6 of us.  We enjoyed each other's company and I especially enjoyed the sunshine.
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...