Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Success Story

My sweet little Kendal spent most of one day in June with green crayon melted to her little behind. I posted about this last month and I have an update for you. Thanks to everyone for your comments about HOW to get melted crayon out of clothing, you were VERY helpful.
I did the iron trick first of all - I ironed the wrong side of her pants onto a paper towel until the crayon stopped coming off. That got the nice big chunks off, but there was still a very brilliant green waxy residue. My friend Camille told me to try brake parts cleaner on one of her comments. Can you all believe that?
So on my next trip to Wal-Mart I had a nice lady show me the brake parts cleaner. I spent $2.17 plus tax on a can of it, came home, sprayed Kendal's pants, rubbed and rubbed with more paper towels, and WAA LAA - CLEAN! It was amazing! So then I threw them into the washer with an ENTIRE load of clothes. That was the bad part of the deal, it made EVERYTHING in that batch smell like brake parts cleaner! No big deal, Kendal's pants were CLEAN and I did that load of laundry again.


Thanks Camille! The can says right on it that it removes waxy and greasy residues, man I love it when things work out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be purchasing that in bulk for Will's clothes.

Can you just spray some in with each load? You know, like baking soda. Kidding Rach!

Jenny said...

WOW! who knew? Any ideas on GUM????

~J

Spencer's Adventures said...

Good to know!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you think that would work for candle wax? I have some on a shirt and my carpet. Any tips?

Jenn said...

Thanks for the tip!!!!!!
I'll be trying that on silly puddy in shag carpet-- I'll let you know how it goes.

Rachel said...

my neighbor Debbie says that Crayola recommends WD40, so there you go!!

Camille said...

Wow, so glad it worked for you! Forgot to tell you about the smell if you use to much!! It also works great for greasy food stains that Spray-n-Wash won't get out. It has become a regular household item in my laundry room!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...