Tuesday, March 06, 2012


I am ready to sew up my civil war blue and gray quilt.  We are sewing tonight at the church.  That guarantees a good time for all!  This quilt is a multi-purpose quilt - it has many reasons for its existence.

1st - The Heber Valley Quilt Guild's 2012 Design Challenge is a two-block challenge.  I need to make a quilt/tablerunner that uses only 2 quilt blocks that I haven't seen paired together before.  This quilt needs to be quilted, bound, and labeled by our April meeting.
2nd - I always make a special quilt for my babies, and this one will be finished before this babe gets here in June.
3rd - I can enter it into the 2012 Heber Valley Civil War Weekend Quilt Show!  I am currently writing for another grant for this FREE and amazing quilt show in September that is due March 15th.  Send happy thoughts my way!
4th- I can actually use it while at reenacting events.  Wow, wouldn't that be nice?  To not only have my babe dressed perfectly period, but to have a quilt that fits the bill too!  That means I need to get making a few more civil war infant gowns . . . mmmm.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...