Saturday, March 17, 2012

coop de ville


 Emmitt and I have been looking at chicken coop pictures online. 

 These are a few of the ones we found, that we like.


 I want to get chickens this spring, not sure why, just do.
I also want to plant my garden area with trees, not sure why,
just do, and I will, because I can!

 So I have been talking to my dad the for the past month about
chickens.  I think he is going to make me a coop.
 I sent him all these pictures.  My kids are so excited.
Pretty sure my dad is not, hee hee hee.  He is a good dad.
 My dad thinks all these coops are so small, and they are,
when you compare them to the chicken coop we
grew up with!













Just a picture I took of the chicken coop's door at my grandma's house.  It was a nice coop in the day, but I bet a chicken has not been in there in almost 30 years.  This was such a fun and mysterious place when I was growing up.  I loved to go collect the eggs with my grandma.

 So yesterday Emmitt and I started getting ready for our new coop.  Earlier in the week we went to the feed store and looked at the baby chicks they had in that day.  So darn cute!  Emmitt loved them.


 So Emmitt played in the sandbox while I thinned the monster out of control raspberry bushes.  By the way, any local folks, I have a ton of Heritage raspberry starts if you are interested.  I already gave away about 30 of them, and will have that many more next week.  My aching back and the cold weather today kept me from doing the other planter box of berries!




I also have two boxes of white and purple irises.  I failed quite a bit in my fall yard cleanup, so that means I get to do it this spring, while 7 months pregnant!  Smart girl Rachel!  So here goes to the cleanup!


A bit better afterwards.  After this I took the boards apart from one box.  As soon as I get the irises divided and on their way to someone else's yard, this is where part of the coop will be built.  I think it will work out nicely. 

So that brings me to this - if anyone wants irises, let me know.  These are the exact plants in this box.  They all need to go and they ship nicely!




Have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day folks!  Eat some steamed cabbage and corned beef, and smile!

4 comments:

mom said...

You better give your dad a little "nudge. Remind him about this.

ToRi and cReW said...

I want chickens, but either my dog would eat them or they would beat her up....

Rachel said...

You should do it Tori, I hear that is what all the cool kids are doing! Keep one or the other in their pen, all will be well.

Anonymous said...

I have two roosters you can have. I will even deliver them. Necha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...