Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Feathers all over!

 I have been busy this winter finishing up a few quilting projects I started years ago.  In December, I took 2 quilt tops I finished up to a long arm quilter friend, and then I took another one to another quilter friend in January.  They are not finished yet, and I can't wait to see them!  Last week I took the pomegranate quilt to yet another long arm quilter friend - and I got it back the other day!  I love it!

 Natalia of Piece n Quilt quilted my Rebekah's Pomegranates quilt for me and did an all over feathers pattern.  It looks so great.  The applique pomegranates or love apples turned out looking pretty darn nice.

 This is a quilt I made with the purpose of using at our civil war events.  I can already imagine my sweet little ones having a picnic under a shade tree all dressed up like its 1862.  I can't wait!



I have been busy otherwise as well.  Today I met two deadlines I have been working towards.  I finished and mailed of Matt's business taxes and I submitted a grant proposal with the Utah Division of Arts and Museums for the Heber Valley Civil War Weekend Quilt Show; both of which were due March 15th.  A day early - WHEW!  (Cross your fingers for me about the grant, better yet, send up a little prayer!)  I also bought a new (to me) car today.  I let my car slide into a hefty concrete barrier a few weeks ago on a slick road on our way to our civil war Ladies Tea and Social.  Our insurance company decided to 'total it' so I have been driving Matt's big truck around.  Not too much fun.  Anyway, I found a nice and fun car at a local dealership and bought it.  I think it will be nice for my family.  It has been a busy day!  Now for the sunshine - mmmm, yard work! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...