Monday, February 27, 2012

Who doesn't like a tea party?

 
This past Saturday, we had our 2nd Annual Utah Civil War Association Ladies Auxiliary Tea Social.  It was delightful!  We met at one of our members home, Victoria's, in northern Utah and what a treat it was!  She and her mother Jane spent so much time getting ready for a beautiful afternoon together in her Country/Victorian home. 

This picture here is our Social last year in February.  It was our first official meeting, and we have benefited from each other's friendships all year!


Anyway, our afternoon was spent eating scrumptious treats, chatting, and learning more about the 1860s era and what was expected of a woman during such a rough time as the American Civil War.  Victoria arranged for a very knowledgeable lady and author, Tracy, to come and give a presentation about ladies in the time period.  Tracy was one of the initial members of the Utah Civil War Association years ago.  She was a crack up, and at the same time, so very willing to share her knowledge with us.


 

This is Jane, mother of Victoria.  She made many of the dessert delicacies, and boy were they wonderful!  She is British, so it was fun for our tea to have a bit of an English flair to it.


Tracy, our wonderful guest and presenter, and Victoria, our amazingly gracious hostess.


I just loved all the beautiful treats.  (You can tell food is muy importante to me right now!)  This is mine and Kay's dessert plates.  It doesn't show the tomato bisque soup, the spinach and berry salad, the quiche, nor the cucumber tea sandwiches we enjoyed!  Boy oh boy!  The fruity plate is mine.  I am not sure why I passed up the gorgeous chocolate cake.  It was made for my friend Amanda's birthday which we celebrated as well, but the fruit just seemed to hit the spot!


Here is the party, minus a few, including me.  Since I doubt I could fit into any of my civil war era dresses, and the thought of just wearing such confining clothing gave me pre-claustrophobia, I was the photographer in modern clothing.  Our numbers were smaller this year than last year, but we still had such a wonderful time.  Thanks so much Victoria and Jane for such a fun and amiable day, and for my civil war lady friends that spent the day with me in laughter.

4 comments:

Mom said...

It looks like a great time, and the food even looks good to this picky eater.

Amanda Lee said...

Good times. "Mind The Gap".

Unknown said...

I had a wonderful time. The tea and treats were great. Thanks for taking pictures.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I love that the ladies are wearing period dresses! This looks like fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...