Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Faux


 Saturday Matt took all the kids south for the day.  The girls got to play with cousins at a birthday party and go swimming, and Emmitt got to help his dad and Uncle Mark take care of the cows.  After I sent them off at 5:30 am, I went back to bed until 9:00 and then I went shopping -  to Home Depot.  I know, sounds lame, but I love it.  That is my idea of a shopping trip!  Anyway, I bought some 2 inch faux wood blinds for my bedroom.  Today was the magic day to put them up.  I like the looks of things.  They sure let in a lot of light. 



A couple of weeks ago I made these cute little valances as well.  They are simple and that is what I like. 


I was taking a picture of the quilt when I took this picture last year, but it sort of shows the previous window treatments I had.  Matt called the flowy fabric I had hanging "brothel curtains."  So I think he will like my changes.  I took down the blue roller shades that we put in when we first bought the house.  They were cheap and nice at the time, but it is time for an upgrade.  Plus, the one shade on the side of my bed wouldn't work, so I never got to open the shade and let the light in.  I think that is what I like about my new blinds now - lots of light even when the blinds are down but open.  I know faux wood is not designer stuff, but it is perfect for me.  By the way, I dislike the word 'faux.'  First off, I want to say FOX, second, they should just say 'fake' or 'imitation.'  But then only Rachel would buy it, right?

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love the blinds, it gives it a more "homey" look.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...