Thursday, February 02, 2012

Its the most wonderful night of the month . . .


It is my favorite night of the month - quilt guild.  I missed the meeting last month, the first I have missed since 2005, and it was a sad thing for me.  I am very excited to see some of my favorite ladies tonight and see all the beautiful items they have made.  
I get to deliver a handful of Friendship Blocks for our exchange tonight.  I finished up the last one yesterday.  Shawna wanted a 12 1/2" block that reflected the month of April in muted colors.  I made a kite.  Hope that is Aprilish enough.  I think it turned out cute.



I will finish binding this one tonight at quilt guild.  I worked on the binding for a bit today.  This is a Round Robin quilt from 2010.  I made the center block (4 smaller blocks combined) and Kami added the black and reddish borders and also turned it on point with the large cream sections.  Debbie added the amazing 3rd border.  I had made all the blocks the year before, so she took them from me and put together that amazing border.  She also finished it all off with the 4th borders of black and cream that mimic the inner 2nd border.  I think it is beautiful!  Deonn quilted it for me, and now I am binding it.  The quilting is amazing.  I should take a close-up!

Anyway, off to a good night at quilt guild!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...