Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Marshmallows and Dogs

Last week I thought to myself that we should have another hot dog roast and take advantage of the nice weather again before winter really hits. My friend Jen called me the other day and said they wanted to roast hot dogs and marshmallows for Family Home Evening, PERFECT!



Matt had his knee scoped in the morning, what a good guy he is! See all that smoke? My wood was wet. It took awhile for the fire to get nice. It did get really good around 6:00 when it was cold and dark and time to go inside!


I was totally holding that roasting stick with 9 marshmallows on it for little Hannah, Kelsey's friend. It was not my stick! I did sneak 2 of them off for me though!


Kendal really did have a good time. She was irritated with me because I made her hold still for the picture.


This is my favorite picture. I think this picture shows everyone but me and Jen's husband Brian. Love the ax just sitting there waiting for an accident!

I think my friend Jen will post some more pictures of our roast if you want to see them. Click on her link to the left.

Kendal and I went to Primary Children's Hospital today to have a follow up visit with her neurologist. He was very happy with Kendal's development and the way things have gone. He reminded me that her last seizure was over 4 months ago. It seems like last week. We get to see him again in 3 months and he told me to just keep doing what we are doing. Hopefully there will not be a reoccurance of the seizures. Hopefully.

One more thing, Kelsey was telling me the story of Handsome and Gretel yesterday. Isn't that the cutest thing you ever heard? I didn't want to correct her because I thought that was so cute.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the Handsome and Gretel... Love the ax, where is the bottle of Gasoline? I washed the kids and today they still smelled like little boy smoke... So I cut their hair and put them in the bath again, this time with vapor bath wash. I then covered them with lavender baby lotion, I love that stuff. Thanks for posting I have been waiting and waiting...
Glad to hear about Kendal, it's good that she has been seizure free for 4 months. We will always remember you and family in our prayers. Jacob asked if he could stop by Kelseys on his way to school today, I told him that she wasn't going to be home. I think he likes to walk with her.

Jenny said...

P.S. I think my comments are long enough to be classified as a post.

Unknown said...

I love that last hot dog roast before the winter season! So fun! It's good to here kendal is doing so great! She's such a sweetheart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...