Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Burn Baby Burn!

If I thought I was a procrastinator, then what is my husband?

We made the decision a few months ago to install a wood burning stove in our house this summer. Now that it is almost fall, we are finally doing it. Actually, we picked out and paid for our stove a good month ago. We just have to build a hearth to put it on before they can install it.

So, the two most amazing procrastinators went shopping for tile, backer board, etc. So exciting! It is going to be so great. So hopefully, within a couple of weeks, after our HUGE Labor Day Family Reunion, our new stove will be installed on the hearth we get to make. Wish us luck! We are new at the tile thing, good thing my dad is coming up!


Anyway, here is the beauty we are getting. I think it will be so fun and nice. I guess I will let you all know how fun it is to clean soot off of a vaulted ceiling next spring!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The extra work will be worth the savings in heating bills. Think of the fun you get to have now cutting fire wood. Where are you putting the stove???

Family of ARTISTS said...

Just think of all the chips that need to be gathered also. But hey I know of a great place for you to get some BUFFALO CHIPS! I'm sure dad will let you gather as many as you need or want. That alone will save you from having to chop wood into little pieces for chips.

Jenny said...

You come over in the summer for A/C and I will come over for the smell of wood and soot.

Jenn said...

Rach, do you need a tile saw?
We've got one if you do let me know. We also have lots of other tiling tools. I'll just call you!

Anonymous said...

So, remember that Dad taught Jared how to do tile, so please utilize him too. Also we have some firewood......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...