Monday, August 25, 2008

My day ALONE

Saturday Matt took the sweet girls down south to Salina for the day while I went to a quilt show at the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. It was such a pretty day, warm, but pretty.



I met some crazy fun ladies from Moab, above, and had a super fun time just wandering around the gorgeous gardens at Thanksgiving Point.

Oh, I liked seeing all the quilts too! They had the quilts grouped in areas around the gardens. It was exciting to stroll down the walkways, turn a corner, and see another area of quilts.


I put one of my quilts in the show which was beyond my comfort zone, but it was fun. I had such a good time making this quilt, that I have to share it when there is a fun NON JUDGED opportunity!


I enjoyed my day alone very much, I got to go visit Tori, Jared, and Brogan. He is so stinking cute! I also ran to Cabela's ALONE for Matt and ate a burger there without having to repress a food fight with my 3 year old, I also ran into one quilt shop really quick and bought the funnest pattern for charm squares. What a super day! My family returned home about 20 minutes after me. The girls rode horses and 4 wheelers with their dad and grandpa and had a great day too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHH, it sounds like one of those days where your heart slows down to a normal pace and you can just breathe. How nice is that. I am not a quilter, but would have loved to walk around and look at all that amazing quilt art. Is your the red one? If it is THAT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so talented! I wish I had that skill. BTW, I'll see ya in about thirty minutes:)

Anonymous said...

HOORAY for a day alone!! Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the quilts!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes its nice to just have a day alone,,, to just be!!!
The quilts looked awesome, and I bet everyone just loved yours,,,, your just too modest to brag on yourself.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, your talent is absolutely amazing!! Seriously, all your work is things that your kids, grandkids, and so on will cherish forever.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your day to yourself. Everyone, especially mommies need to have that once in awhile!

Anonymous said...

That red quilt is too amazing for words. Too heck with painting, you should hand that on a wall. You should teach classes and charge rich old ladies a ton of money to learn from you!! (new business venture!)

Jenn said...

So nice to have time to just do those quick stops that with kids take all day to do one stop!

acrane said...

So fun I am jelous. I am glad you had such a great time. Things like that are so much fun and so needed

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...