Thursday, August 28, 2008

SKOO

Today was Kendal's first day of school, preschool. She is attending the same elementary school that Kelsey does, but she is going to the Early Intervention Preschool there. I met the speech therapist today and she seemed like a really great lady. Anyway, I put Kendal to bed early last night (8:30) so she would be ready to get up in the morning for school. Well, she woke up at 5:50!! She came and got in bed with us and just laid there smiling. When Matt got in the shower I thought she would fall asleep - no way! So we were up and ready for school this morning!

Here she is this morning. She was so excited for "skoo." She loves her new DORA shoes and her little kitty shirt, and of course her DORA backpack! She wouldn't really hold still for a good picture, so you get a few wild ones. By the way, that is the tile we bought for our new HEARTH (I hate that word). I was laying it out to see how it looked.


Kelsey walked out the front door for "skoo" and so Kendal said "doe doe doe mom!" and we did go go go! By the way I did cry, but I think I held myself together pretty well.



This evening when Matt got home from work I was mowing the lawn and look at what I found when I rounded the corner! Pints of ice cream have been on sale for $1 so I bought a bunch for visiting teaching, friends, and of course myself. Well, Kendal and Matt made quick work of this one! Notice the chocolate syrup! I love summer.



I have been reading the Twilight book series. I will read a book in 2 or 3 days and then I have to sleep, clean the bathrooms, do laundry, and feed the kids for a good week or two before I start the next book. I should be grateful that there are only 4 books, but I am sad that the story is nearly over for me. I finished the third book, Eclipse, yesterday and I only have one more to go. I think I am going to drive myself CRAZY, but I am going to hold off for awhile to read the last one. Like I said CRAZY!! Anyway, my sister is also reading them and you need to go read her blog. She cracks me up! You vampire and werewolf fans will appreciate her post today.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Skoo was fun for Jack Jack and I am glad that they got along! Maybe with 4 teachers and constant supervision Kendal and Jack will become better friends for more than 3-4 min at a time.

Spencer's Adventures said...

Congratulations on your "skoo" girls. Your sister blog is hilarious. You can say you are going to wait a while to read that last book, but I bet you won't!!! It is the best. I loved the 1st, thought the 2nd and 3rd were okay, and I really loved the last one. So just GET IT DONE!!! Then and only then will your life get back to normal :).

Anonymous said...

Kendal is such a little doll! I medium feel bad for her teachers (I say that with the most love possible). She will definately keep them on their toes.

I LOVE that picture of Matt and Kendal eating ice cream. The look on both their faces is priceless. It's like they are in their own little happy world together.

Anonymous said...

Ah,,,, She looks so cute and happy to go to skoo,, she will love it.

Unknown said...

She looks so excited to go to her skoo! I hope you enjoy the peace and the humm of your sewing machine

Camille said...

Your blog is so entertaining to me. "Skoo"... that is so cute and I hope she loves it! I can't believe she is even old enough to go to school already. She looks like such a school girl in her shoes and new clothes and backpack...by the way, I love your quilt from a few posts back.

Krista said...

How fun for you to have both of the girls in school. Kendal is such a cutie. I bet she had a blast! Hope you were able to get your stove installed this weekend.

acrane said...

rach kendal is so cute
Lainee would love to go to skool
I am reading the fourth book right now and it is so good you will love it

Anonymous said...

I am so gald she likes it and goes so easliy! That program is wonderful. I too (like Jenny) love all the supervission. Too bad Kindergarten isn't that way:0 I am still laughing at how much Kendal LOVES that swim suit. Why by clotehs for the summer...save money I say! My boys wear theirs almost every day still, even after church, that's the first thing they change into. I got my money's worth with that K-mart special on swim suits! I am anxious to hear how your reunion went. Good luck with the tiling (sp?)!

Anonymous said...

Ok, the "skoo" pictures FIANALLY came up on my computer. SO CUTE!!! I love all her Dora get-up. I wish Lydia had her curly hair, Kendal is so pretty!!!!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to send the little ones off to "skoo." It's even harder to send the little ones who grew big off to serve our country.....oh well, there are always challenges for mothers. BTW, I absolutely LOVED the Twilight series! Can't wait until November for the movie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...