Wednesday, August 26, 2009

QUILTS

In spring 2008 a bunch of church ladies and I started a block of the month quilt. We meet once a month and make a block. Everyone chose their own fabric and everyone made/is making their own quilt. This is one of mine (I am doing 2). I finished piecing it together this past winter and I finally got around to having it quilted. My friend Deonn does machine quilting and I had her quilt it for me - it looks fabulous. I still have to bind this quilt around the edges, but I had to lay it on my bed today and see what it will look like. Check out the matching pillow cases I made too! DO NOT notice Matt's book case overflowing with books and magazines.




These pictures show the machine quilting close up on the top of the quilt.




These are pictures of the back of the quilt where you can see the quilting so much more and isn't it amazing?!?!?! Deonn did an excellent job. You can see more of her quilting at www.quiltscapesquilting.com.



I love it love it love it.


This next picture is for my friend Maurice. Kelsey made this 'I Spy' quilt and put it in the fair this year and Maurice wanted to see it. Kelsey sewed all but about 7 stitches of this quilt. She tied it also. She even picked out the WILD flowery border fabrics. She is getting ready to start another project . . .



This quilt is one that I pieced together last summer but just quilted this past week. I started putting the binding on it today because I need to hurry and finish it for our Labor Day Weekend family reunion craft raffle.



4 comments:

mom said...

I am so amazed and proud of your talents, and glad to see you are passing it down to Kelsey.
It is so awesome that you can, and like to do this.
You are amazing!

Diantha said...

There will be a car with Nebraska plates out in front of Grandma's house. You can just slip it in there. There is no need to take it inside.

Talbots said...

You are so crafty and creative! I wish I had a tenth of it!

Unknown said...

Love how the quilt turned out. It's beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...