Thursday, October 25, 2012

According to Emmitt

Emmitt and I were driving in the car the other day and a Primary cd was playing the song "Choose the Right."  He said "Push pause for a minute mom, I dot someting to tell you."  So I turned off the cd and asked what he needed to tell me.  He said "Mom, you need to choose the right and not spank me anymore." I held back a laugh and I told him that when kids act naughty, sometimes mom and dad's spank them.  He then came back with "But Jesus loves me and you need to choose the right and don't spank me anymore.  I am a dood boy!"  That was the end of the conversation.

Today we got our first snow.  Emmitt came upstairs after he woke up while I was nursing the baby.  I told him to look out the window.  He was so excited.  He wanted to go outside right then and there in his gray and white striped bulldog pajamas.  I told him no way. Then he got a mischievous look on his face and said: "Tan I go outside in the snow naked? Then roll around in the snow and betome a snowman?  When I am done being a snowman, I will jes shake my head like this (he shook his entire upper body) and then jes be a boy again."  I was shaking so hard from laughing that the poor baby girl's breakfast was very much interrupted.


Emmitt told me a few nights ago when he was getting ready for bed that his name was not Emmitt anymore, it was Bruce Banner, pronounced "Buce Banno."  I can't wait for him to turn green and split out of his clothes and he transforms into the Incredible Hulk!

2 comments:

mom said...

Oh that made me laugh hard, I can just hear him saying that,
He is one smart kid,,,,,lololol

Mom said...

I keep coming back to read this one over and over, it just makes me smile. Love that kid!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...