Wednesday, October 17, 2012

purple and white

One of my projects today - make something out of this mess to have my daughter blessed in on Sunday.  On the right is a bolt of nice pima cotton from my mother in law's mother - old but fantastic.  Next to it is some quilted cotton left over from a gift I am making for my best friend's wedding this weekend.  The purple at the top is left over from the blessing dress I made my 10 year old (yes, I kept it!) and the fabric below that, is left over cute stuff with purple embroidered flowers from my 7 year old's blessing dress.  The white fabric on the left is eyelet cotton also left over from my 7 year old's blessing dress.  It is funny how sentimental I am.  Of course I kept the fabric for 10 years not used from the other projects so I could make my last daughter's dress from her two big sisters' fabric and be quite the sentimental mother.  I know, I am pitiful.



2 comments:

Tori said...

I love it! I think its great that all the fabric comes from different sentimental projects.
Definately something to cherish forever!

Jenn said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that her dress will have some of the others too. Fabulous, just fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...