Saturday, February 02, 2008

I just have to express myself for a minute here, bear with me. As much stress as Kendal is giving me right now, I have to see things as they really are. Kelsey is/was a pretty easy child, Kendal is not.
The other day when I was getting so irritated with Kendal, I remembered something. Kelsey at this age (Kendal's 2 3/4 years) could talk really well, color for 2 hours at a time, go to the bathroom, get dressed, eat all her dinner, write all her letters, and sing the alphabet song. But it also took her a good 20 minutes to put on her shoes and socks because she would have a little tizzy fit about 'sock wrinkles', cry like a little baby when I told her she had to take off her princess dress ups to eat dinner, and I got so tired of "KiKi do it!!" KiKi is what she called herself and she thought she could do everything, and she wanted NO help at all.
See? So every kid has their own issues. I just keep forgetting those irritating Kelsey issues she had a few years ago as I clean Kendal's poop out of the carpet because Kelsey is so easy right now. All is well at the Cranes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rach, Just remember you are dealing with 2 seperate and different people. Each with their own likes and dislikes and own personalities. Just enjoy them, for the people that they are.
They will most likely grow up, loving each other, and their parents, but have totally different intrests. After all, you would not a clone of either one, would ya?
And if you guys have any more lil Cranes, that one will most likely have a totally different personality too.

Anonymous said...

Just think, one day you will think back to these times and just laugh...probably when your kids go through it with their own.

Jenny said...

So true Rachel, Brian thinks that Jack Jack was the hardest child. He has his issues but I remember Jacob's head banging, Aiden still has sock issues, he has Acid reflux and until we got him on medicine he was so hard. Heck Jack Jack just throws things, hits, kicks, crys, throws again and screams jumping around looking for something to pick up and throw. NO PROBLEM

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is just God's way of easing us into parenthood. If we had the most challenging child first would we have another? I'm learning that there isn't anything more challenging and rewarding than being a parent. It is so good to hear that other moms have challenges too!

Unknown said...

You better keep on eye on that Kelsey. Bekah was such a good baby, and look at her now!

Krista said...

I can't believe how much Kelsey could do. If it makes you feel any better Anna is about par with Kendal. I think that we would be in big trouble if we ever got those two together.

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO true! My kids have their good and bad seasons in life. Unfortunately we are in the beginning process of Lydia’s bad season. I have a feeling it's not going away anytime soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...