Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Break Day 2

Today I worked on a civil war cot quilt I need to finish for a Christmas present.  It is going to turn out nicely.
 

 We also made some shortbread cookies to take to some of the neighbors.  I didn't make enough because lots of neighbors didn't get any.  I guess that means we ate too many!  I found the recipe at Feminine Farmgirls's blog.  MMmmmmm!


 I also got to see my nephew Brig and FINALLY give him his new quilt I finished for him just today!








 He is such a cute little man!









The kids and I also met Matt at SLC's Temple
Square to see the lights.  We have not done this in about 5 years, so it was time.


 It was a chilly night, but we all stayed warm and had a good time.  The kids loved it, but I think Matt and I enjoyed it all more than they did!





After the lights, we went to McDonalds for a dose of hot chocolate.  I think this was the highlight of the day for the kids!  Pitiful isn't it?  It was a great day with so much going on, the kids forgot to argue with eachother!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...