Wednesday, March 12, 2008

North vs South

March is so welcomed here in Heber City!
Here is my rain gutter on March 11th, it still has some major melting to do. I am surprised honestly that the gutter has not been pulled of completely! The 18 inches of ice that used to be on there is now down to about 9 or 10 inches. If the sun keeps shining, maybe it will be clear for the July rains!

This is the difference between north and south in Heber City! This is the 6 foot tall privacy fence in my backyard. Our side of the fence, the north side, is really only a 3 foot tall fence with all the snow on the north side of it. The south side of the fence, Gwen's side, is the full 6 foot with grass showing! The girls are standing where my veggie garden is, do you think I will be able to plant my lettuce and peas in May? Me neither! But the sun is shining and we are melting! Hooray! The quilting magazines are being replaced with the gardening magazines. I plan on putting an order in soon!


3 comments:

Krista said...

Okay...I no longer want to move to Heber (no offense). There is no snow left anywhere here in Pleasant Grove. In fact, Anna and I went out and jumped on the trampoline and she was able to ride her bike around the last couple of days. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this. Oh, and we even have flowers coming through. I will take a picture for you. Good luck! I hope it melts fasts and soon!

Jenny said...

Krista, I am fine until I hear that it isn't like this everywhere. I still have 7 foot snow banks on either side of my driveway! Brian worked on shoveling off the deck so we can go out without getting too wet and cold! I hear it is suppose to snow this weekend! I want to order with your order Rachel, Please...

Adree said...

If it makes you feel any better we still have 18" in most place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...