Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Sunglow Slip

Kelsey was pretending to be a cat yesterday. I told her that cats at our house have to go outside and no, I didn't want to pet her. So she told me she was going to go make a kitty bed so she wouldn't have to go outside in the cold. Here is her kitty bed and it looked so dang fun that Kendal had to crawl in also. Tori and Glen, remember all the things we used to do with those couch cushions???


So now come the topic of Kelsey the Kitty's forehead. She has a sticker on it and for some odd reason so did I. Mine was of a pig. I am not sure how it got there, but I remember pulling it off, actually painfully, when I was brushing my teeth before I went to bed. I think Kelsey pulled the ol' Sunglow Slip on me.
The Sunglow Slip is something I learned in high school, at the Sunglow Cafe. I was on a date with a cute boy named Tom and one of our friends was our waitress. He told me "Watch this, I can get Trena to hold this salt and pepper without her even knowing it." I was so excited to see this feat, besides, Tom was a wanted guy in our county so I was just excited anyway!! Trena came over and took our order and chatted with us. Of course she was being a silly, chatty 17 year old because she was talking with Tom, yes cute, charming Tom. So as Tom is talking to her, he never broke his speech and just put those salt and pepper shakers in her hand while he was talking. She was so inthralled in the the conversation, she grabbed them and held on to them. When we were finished ordering she walked off, looked down at her hands and promptly returned our salt and pepper. It seriously worked that slick. You should try it one day. I think Kelsey did something like that to me, she just chit chatted with me and stuck that pig sticker on my forehead without me realizing it. The ol' Sunglow Slip works everytime!

13 comments:

Adree said...

That cracks me up!!!! I used to get my mom to do all sorts of things just by getting her to start chatting about something she was interested in.

Glen said...

Yes I remember building all kinds of things with those cushions and blankets. Does Kendal mess up her big sisters "forts and huts" like my two younger sisters did? If so it must be passed on. As far as the "Sunglow Slip" I was taught by grandpa that it was the "horse trader slip" because you can never trust a slick talking smooth horse trader. "Always keep your guard up or you may end up looking like a fool".

Rachel said...

My jaw dropped when I read about your younger sister fort wreckers. When did that ever happen?
But yes, Kendal does wreck with the best of them, and Kelsey squeals with the best of them too, just like my older brother did.

Anonymous said...

I have one thing to say,,,,,,Glen, Rachel, and Tori,,,,,,, YOUR ALL AWESOME,,,,AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.
Just reading all your comments, make me realize,, i have such(here it goes,, can't help myself) super-cali-a-fragilistic-x-pe-ali-doucious kids,,,,, yayayayaya!!!

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I am going to have to try that with my Ta'Ta's with Mark....see if that makes it more interting in the bed room:)

Rachel said...

Amanda, I totally double dog dare you. Just place them in his hands while you talk to him, and before you know it, he will have a good hold of em and not even realize it!!!!

Rachel said...

Adree, that is called mother manipulation, shame on you!

Anonymous said...

Glen you act so innocent in our childhood--like you had the worst little sisters ever! I remember various incidents that you were the "mean" big brother. You loved playing with us and you know it!

Rachel said...

I remember Mr Innocent trapping you on the floor by stepping on your long locks Tori. I think what goes around should come around!

Glen said...

Tori,
I did have a great childhood. I enjoyed sharing with you. But I think your old enough now to tell you the truth. I never wanted to be the "mean" big brother. I was just playing.

Anonymous said...

Puh!! You were a rough player--you even made Mom cry on occasion!
I am quite proud though, because I still consider myself the winner of the egg fight at Easter. But I do have to thank you for helping me figure out my egg allergy--the next day sucked!!!

Glen said...

What ever are you blabbing about? I won that egg fight hands down, no questions asked, everyone said "Tori just give up, you can never win against him".
Sounds to me like you want another round? Or will you just blame it on allergies?

Rachel said...

I will post the egg fight pictures and let everyone vote if you two don't stop it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...